top of page

Cyanotypes (WIP)

Along the bike path yesterday I discovered the aftermath of a ruinous day for a selection of porcelain plates. A little way further I came upon the remains of a burned-out mattress, with only the tired metal coils holding shape. Recognizing the bounty of the urban landscape - I pocketed a few samples of the former, and I may return to recover some of the surviving rusty remnants from the latter.


Tracking the UV rating this morning, I charged two sheets of cardstock with cyanotype chemicals, positioned my riven porcelain, added vinegar and set with glad wrap. I put each sheet outside for an hour to activate the photosensitive mechanism. Washed and dried, here are the results:



Comments


bottom of page